Mindful awareness creates scientifically recognized enhancements in our mental functions and interpersonal relationships. But how can we integrate this information into our personal or professional lives?
In the Mindfulness and the Brain audio learning course, Jack Kornfield, PhD, and Daniel Siegel, MD, offer theoretical and experiential teachings on the power of inner transformation and the cultivation of a wise and loving heart.
Whether you’re a therapist, healer, educator, parent, meditation practitioner—or anyone interested in developing a healthy mind—this training offers a practical exploration of what it means for our world and us to be able to nurture and sustain heightened awareness.
- Summarize basic concepts of neurobiology and neuroplasticity
- Explain the difference between the concept of mind and the brain
- Summarize the Buddhist model of mental health
- Compare awareness with mental activity
- Discuss how mindfulness practices can change the brain
- Practice mindfulness meditation exercises
- Evaluate the practical relevance of these insights on the individual and on the world as a whole
- Clinical findings on the transformative power of interpersonal neurobiology
- The structure of the mind and how understanding consciousness can lead to freedom
- Neural integration and how it helps create more balanced lives
- How to incorporate compassion and forgiveness into our personal and professional life
- More than six hours of essential teachings and tools for cultivating healthy change in ourselves and others